Auto Transport, Boat & Motorcycle Shipping Services
Looking to ship your car, boat, RV, hovercraft, or motorcycle? ETC International Freight System freight forwarding services can help get your vehicle wherever it needs to go and ensure its safety along the way.
Our West Coast operation has loaded and transported thousands of vehicles, both domestically and overseas, since 1993. Over the past 25 years we have not only satisfied thousands of happy customers but also helped to develop safety standards and equipment technologies that have become the standard in our industry.
Whether, you ship one boat, a garage worth of motorcycles, or an entire fleet of dump-trucks – we will help you select the appropriate method of transport and handle the entire process from A to Z. We will choose the container, block each vehicle, brace & ramp your wheeled-vehicles so that no matter where in the world they end up, they arrive as beautiful as when they left.
Some of our proudest vehicle shipping projects include:
- Several years ago, we started shipping vehicles along with household goods. Quickly, as that market grew, we were delivering weekly shipments of vehicles to China and beyond.
We had fun with getting smaller motor boats inside containers – sideways. Those sorts of shipments also required us to build custom supports, adding platforms to the containers in able to make room for spare parts.
Our challenges did not stop to the shipping & loading of boats, more than once we’ve had to fit four or even five vehicles inside 40’ high cube (HC) ocean container. This is not easy! We needed to send the smallest guy on our staff with the order in order to crawl out of windows or under a car in order to secure the loads.
- Our customers trust us with their most prized possessions. One time we flew a $300,000 Bentley convertible on a 20’ rolling airline skid. The client was stressed out about the delivery but we made it happen without an issue (or a scratch).
Vehicle shipping is one of the tent poles of our business. If standard solutions won’t work, we will use our inventiveness and ingenuity to ensure that each load makes it to it’s intended destination without an issue. U.S. Customs and Border Protection sees us week in, week out – we know all of their systems and rules, and they know us as well.
Useful Air Freight Information
- Passenger airplane Maximum height: 64 inches
- Cargo Airplane Maximum height: 96 inches
- To calculate air freight volume L x W x H in inches divided by 166 = weight in pounds
- To convert weight in pounds to kilograms: Divide the weight in pounds by 2.2046 (Equals 1 Kilo)
Useful Ocean Freight Information
- 20’ - 34,000 lbs (if weight exceeds 34,000 a tri-axle chassis must be used)
- 40’ – 44,000 lbs
- 20'SD: 19' 6" L x 7' 8" W x 7' 9: H (capacity: 1250 CFT.)
- 40'SD: 39' 5" L x 7' 8" W x 7' 9: H (capacity: 2434 CFT.)
- 40'HQ: 39' 5" L x 7' 8" W x 8'10" H (Capacity: 2495 CFT.)
- Ocean Freight minimum - 1 Cubic Meter = 48”x 42”x30”
- Standard pallet Sizes = 48”x 40” or 48”x42”
Tell us a little about your project, we’ll respond same day (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm).