Our import customer Dr. Bob’s Health Products Inc also known as Dr. Bob / Gibbons Health Products (chiropractor) http://www.drbobshealthproducts.com/. We suggest to get acquainted with his web site and health products that Dr. Bob Gibbons imports from China (see a few pictures below).
ETC International Freight System, routinely imports his chiropractic products from Ningbo or Xingang, China delivered to his building in Calabasas ETC ships (LCL) Less Than A Container Load from both ports, clears, picks up and delivers to his door. On rare occasions, when his stock gets depleted quicker than expected he may split an order, sending a smaller portion (i.e. 40 boxes) via air freight.
ETC International Freight System has record of Dr. Bob Gibbons’ shipments dating back to 2001, the date we purchase our Logistial software. So as a customer Dr. Bob Gibbons may possibly pre-date our software. Dr. Bob is a woderful person to work with & we are very thankful for our relationship. His China import business is growing with quality health products & his friendlyness.
For more information on Dr. Bob’s Health Products Inc also known as Dr. Bob / Gibbons Health Products (chiropractor) http://www.drbobshealthproducts.com/
What is an ATA Carnet?
A Carnet is an international customs document that provides duty-free customs clearance for temporary imports into foreign countries and can simplify entry by eliminating the need to post a Temporary Import Bond. Recognized in over 90 destinations, virtually all goods, whether hand carried or cargo shipped, are covered by Carnets.
But the Carnet doesn’t only reduce costs; it also acts as a United States registration of goods and is valid on multiple trips for up to one year. It covers a broad range of merchandise including trade show booths, personal computers, satellites, industrial machinery, diagnostic equipment, jewelry, photographic and video equipment, repair tools, live animals, rare gems, vehicles and more. And there are not surprises. Carnet fees are paid prior to your departure so you know what the cost will be before you leave.
ETC Intl Freight System has provided assistance with ATA Carnet issuance since 1984. We have the resources to assist with ATA Carnet issuance in as few as 24 hours – sooner in some cases – and have service professionals that can answer your questions quickly and accurately.
Other Benefits of using a Carnet
There are other ways the Carnet can help ease the process of temporary importation, as well. Because the Carnet is valid for up to one year, users can travel to as many Carnet member countries as necessary during that period. In addition, partial and split shipments can be made. You don’t have to take all of the merchandise listed on your General List on each trip so one Carnet can cover the needs of several trips for different purposes.
Are There Countries Where I Might Not be Able to Use a Carnet?
While many countries accept Carnets, not all countries are member of the Carnet Convention. Some destinations that DO NOT ACCEPT Carnets* include:
All countries in South and Central America; the UK Virgin Islands or Tortola and Roadtown;
The U.S. Virgin Islands of St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas; and the Caribbean Islands of
Anguilla, Aruba, Antigua/Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica,
Grenada, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent Grenadines,
Trinidad & Tobago, and Turks & Caicos Islands.
* It is possible that carnets may be accepted in these and other countries. The USCIB, however, will not guarantee their acceptance as a temporary importation.
Below is a complete list of ATA Carnet accepting countries:
1. Algeria 34. India 66. Norway
2. Andorra 35. Iran 67. Poland
3. Australia 36. Ireland 68. Portugal
4. Austria 37. Isle of Man 69. Puerto Rico
5. Bailiwick of Guernsey 38. Israel 70. Reunion Island
6. Bale4aric Isles 39. Italy 71. Romania
7. Belarus 40. Ivory Coast 72. Russia*
8. Belgium 41. Japan 73. St. Barthelemy
9. Botswana 42. Jersey 74. St. Martin
10. Bulgaria 43. Korea 75. St. Pierre
11. Canada 44. Latvia 76. Senegal
12. Canary Islands 45. Lebanon 77. Serbia
13. Ceuta 46. Lesotho 78. Singapore
14. China 47. Liechtenstein 79. Slovakia
15. Chile 48. Lithuania 80. Slovenia
16. Corsica 49. Luxembourg 81. South Africa
17. Croatia 50. Macao 82. Spain
18. Cyprus 51. Macedonia 83. Sri Lanka
19. Czech Republic 52. Malaysia 84. Swaziland
20. Denmark 53. Malta 85. Sweden
21. Estonia 54. Martinique 86. Switzerland
22. European Union 55. Mauritius 87. Tahiti
23. Finland 56. Mayotte 88. Taiwan**
24. France 57. Melilla 89. Tasmania
25. French Guiana 58. Miquelon 90. Thailand
26. French Polynesia 59. Monaco 91. Tunisia
27. Germany 60. Mongolia 92. Turkey
28. Gibraltar 61. Morocco 93. United Kingdom
29. Greece 62. Namibia 94. United States
30. Guadeloupe 63. Netherlands 95. Wallis-Futuna Islands
31. Hong Kong 64. New Caledonia
32. Hungary 65. New Zealand
Countries in italics are part of the European Union (EU).
*The U.S. Council for International Business strongly recommends certain guidelines when traveling to
**Taiwan, through a bilateral agreement with the United States, accepts TECRO/AIT Carnet.
Shippers, whether shipping via air or ocean, check our site @ www.etcinternational.com for some hands on freight information. For a sales query, populate the quote template or contact Sales@etcinternational.com